Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Stuff Coming...

I have some stuff that I'll be posting up soon.  Primarily, I want to post up a tutorial on perspective, some time-lapse illustrations videos, some early concept designs of characters for my comedic action webcomic, Kung Fu Space Cowboy, and I want to post some shots of some 3D vehicle designs, which I will render them quite photorealistically and do some post-production to them.  I'm working on a lot of different projects right now, and I'll be keeping this blog very busy pretty soon.  Keep your eyes peeled for stuff coming from me.

Also, if you're into concept art, check out these series of videos on YouTube produced by an expert in the industry, Feng Zhu, who has contributed to the industry for more than 11 years, and has worked on films like Transformers, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and Tron: Legacy, and on such games as Command & Conquer III, Dead Space, and The Lord of the Rings Online.  He is the founder and director of FZD School of Design, and co-founder of Possibility Space, Inc. and Gamma Ray Studios.  In other words, he REALLY knows his stuff.  He created the first industrial design DVDs for The Gnomon Workshop, and has been teaching at his school since he founded it two years ago.  He releases free lessons and tips on some of the basics of industrial design (concept art and design for films and games) on YouTube under the channel name FDZSCHOOL, available for both his students and other YouTube watchers, and they're all just so top notch.  In these videos, Feng is casual and easy to understand and yet professional and knowledgeable.  I highly recommend them, and encourage you to subscribe to their YouTube channel.  Just thought I'd give him a shout-out.  I'm a big fan of his work, and have learned a lot from him.

I also want to mention that I will also be looking into designing a software project I've been wanting to do a long time.  I won't give it away yet, because I prefer to work in secret first and then show my progress, but it'll be a wonderful piece of software that I plan to make free and open-source.  It's a 3D graphics-related program, and I'm just working hard to get some more time and money to begin it.  But in the meantime, I'll be using this time to organize and weigh my ideas for it, and really just have arranged for it a good layout of what I want to do and how I will achieve it.  I'll keep you informed about it.

Well, thanks for reading yet another post from me.  Keep exploring!

- Brian


>>Be about others, and you will never be bored.<<

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want everyone to enjoy my blog. Please, let's try to keep this nice and clean. No profanity, no Comment wars, and no spamming. As an artist, I expect criticism, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you would offer constructive criticism (no nasty comments, please). Violations of these are subject to deletion. Thanks!