Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hi! Welcome to MMJB! (See, I've got an acronym already!)

Hi!  Welcome to my blog!  Let me introduce myself a bit.  My name is Brian Lockett, and I do computer graphics, among other things.  I'm constantly exploring something new, and love developing new interests daily.  I would love to travel Australia, Japan, Ireland, Switzerland, Alaska, and Spain someday, and live in New Zealand.  I love other things like classical movies, foods from around the world, the Universe, and all things Japan.  I love music, play some guitar and piano, and though I like practically any genre, my top favorites are classical music, rock music, jazz music and folk music.  I don't like to make definite plans, but I do like to strive for aims.  Some would call me an autodidact, but I say, no one really teaches themselves. I view that all we do is explore, explore with our own perspectives about the universe around us and share in people's explorations of it in talking, books, film, music, etc.  We're all explorers, the emotional computers built to relate to the universe around us and with each other.  Everybody is like a traveling vessel and every life an exploration.  We're like a network of emotional computers linked together by curiosity and communication--or at least, we should be.  I aim to be a better person, because I enjoy excellent character and want to showcase such character.

Now to share some of the tools I use in my production.  I use Blender 2.56a, though when I want to use an external renderer like YafaRay, I use Blender 2.49b.  Some other software I use are MyPaint, Inkscape, and Photoshop CS4, though I do use GIMP 2.6 sometimes.  I use a Wacom Intuos4 graphics tablet, though sometimes I scan pencil drawings as well.  I use an Asus notebook computer with Windows XP and an old Dell LCD monitor as a second monitor.  When I'm coding, I use Notepad++, and the programming languages I like most are Python, C/C++, VBScript and the web languages of HTML 4.01/CSS 2.1/JavaScript.  When I'm writing and organizing storyboards, I use Celtx.  My browsers of choice are Google Chrome and Firefox, though I use Chrome more.  I love to support FOSS software (that's "free and open-source software), and I would love to contribute to one soon.

I'm working on a few projects, one of them being a webcomic I'm working on.  I won't give anything away about it here, but I'll post something about it soon.  I am get very excited when it comes to being able to create things, and there's nothing more I love to do than create and share my creations.  I also love to go exploring other people's worlds and be a fan of what they may create.  I want to make stories that are very complex but held together by simple binding principles.  I love intricate artwork that creates a living breathing atmosphere, and characters that are not so predictable but feel like real individuals.  I love simplicity, as I love to simplify complexities, which I hope to do in my stories--simplify the complexities down to a defining moment that captivates the individuals reading my stuff.  I love character, and I want my work rich with character, rendered with quality.

Anyways, I wanted to keep this short, so I'll stick to doing that.  I thank you for reading this, and I hope enjoy my company!  If you're into art, too, give me a holler!  And if you like me so far, I hope you subscribe!  I hope you have a good day!  And keep exploring!

- Brian


>>Be about others, and you will never be bored.<<

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want everyone to enjoy my blog. Please, let's try to keep this nice and clean. No profanity, no Comment wars, and no spamming. As an artist, I expect criticism, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you would offer constructive criticism (no nasty comments, please). Violations of these are subject to deletion. Thanks!